11.13.2004

hundred bucks

original post date: 10.11.2004/3:15pm
sweet. went out last saturday but the hundred bucks never left my pocket. i still have moolah for a tall iced latte at starbs or a couple of beers at aposento. on second thought, i'm swearing off the beer. for now. lousy truth serum.
i'm in a mental rut. there's a lot of stuff to write about but i couldn't make up my mind where to begin. hmm. saturday sounds good.
went to aposento to see liteswitch. their set sounded like my playlist but more mellow- dmb, tonic, and sister hazel queued. my playlist can be as colorful as my vocab with a mishmash of alternative and heavy metal thrown in with reggae, r&b, ambient and whatnot. anyway, i'm digressing.
the night started out with a coca-cola fix at brothers-rockwell. at a quarter to 10, aposento was in the view. nervous as hell, i took my first step (to freedom and everything else). good god! i was swimming in airheads! bwahahaha! this is gonna take some getting used to.
i was mostly quiet the rest of the night but my cheeks ached from laughing. was wary about the arm around my shoulder, but the hand in mine felt good.

disclaimer: i opt not to elaborate. the magic might fade.

addendum: isn't it obvious i was in stupid mode? sheesh.